Revised: July 27, 2023
- and/or the HRCatalyst consulting services ("Consulting Services"), those services engaged by contract and/or mutual agreement with an organizational customer or an individual working within the organizational structure of and/or representing the interests of an organizational customer ("Customer").
HRCatalyst is an organization focused on organizational effectiveness and talent development. Customers engage our Consulting Services through mutual agreement and/or contract. Consulting services are not directly provided to or accessible by the public outside of a mutual agreement and/or contract with a Customer. Rather, Customers identify to HRCatalyst the particular employee(s) who will participate in Consulting Services ("Identified Employee"). HRCatalyst's Consulting Services remain internal to a Customer's organizational structure and are limited to Identified Employees working for and/or employed by the Customer. HRCatalyst does not intentionally gather, track, retain, reuse, redisclose, solicit, or have access to the Personal Information of the public consumers of a Customer's services or products ("Consumer"). Neither does HRCatalyst reuse, redisclose, or sell Personal Information of Identified Employees, and HRCatalyst will not retain the Personal Information of Identified Employees beyond the scope of Consulting Services. In the event an Identified Employee is concurrently a Consumer, HRCatalyst, the Customer, and the Identified Employee acknowledge and agree that this dual relationship is coincidental, and this dual relationship should not be disclosed to HRCatalyst unless it is somehow relevant to the Consulting Services. HRCatalyst will not request, pursue, have access to, track or retain the Personal Information of any Identified Employee beyond the scope of the Consulting Services.
The Website Services are intended for only informational, educational, promotional, and similarly considered purposes. The Website Services are not intended to transact business or in any way provide personal or professional services or products. A "Contact Us" inquiry box is the only opportunity within Website Services where limited Personal Information may be engaged. The comment box provides and is intended only for public inquiry about Consulting Services. Use of the comment box or Website Services does not constitute Consulting Services and does not constitute or create a business relationship between HRCatalyst and a user of Website Services, nor is it intended for use by Customers or Identified Employees within the scope of Consulting Services. By using the comment box, you acknowledge that you are willingly entering limited Personal Information including a name, email address, and/or phone number with your acknowledged expectation and permission that HRCatalyst will respond reasonably to you about your stated inquiry. Otherwise, Website Services do not acquire, retain, require, reuse, redisclose, or intentionally offer the opportunity to provide Personal Information through any process, including but not limited to, registration, account formation, cookies, or processes similarly considered
We do not intentionally gather Personal Information (as defined below) about or provide services of any kind to any person under the age of 16.
Residents of the State of California, please also read the California Residents - Your Privacy Rights section below to understand additional rights you may have pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83.
Collection And Use Of Personal Information
Personal information ("Personal Information") is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact a single person, such as a person's name, address, telephone number or email address. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information.
What Personal Information We May Collect Through Consulting Services
- We may collect a variety of information, including your first and last name, physical address(es) used for business, phone numbers, email addresses, other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of HRCatalyst, and other contact preferences communicated to us by you or a person representing you.
- We may collect feedback about you from colleagues, associates, superiors, subordinates, or others with whom you have a professional, business, or other relationship within the Customer. This information may include but is not limited to job performance, organizational role, professional or personal background, and tenure in an organization. Relevant confidentiality guidelines related to specific Consulting Services are explained to participants engaged in those Consulting Services and approved by the point of contact or delegate within the Customer.
- We may collect additional Personal Information intended to be in scope of and pertinent to the Consulting Services.
How We May Use Your Personal Information
If you do provide us with Personal Information, we may use it for the purposes of the Website Service or Consulting Services as described in this Policy Statement. Primarily, we use Personal Information to:
- develop, deliver, and improve our Consulting Services;
- develop a profile necessary for the provision of the Consulting Services;
- send important notices or relevant messages, related to the Consulting Services;
- or contact you in response to the "Contact Us" inquiry box found on the Website Services and described above.
When and Why We May Share, Disclose, Transfer And Store Personal Information
If you do provide us with Personal Information, we may share, disclose, transfer, and store it for the purposes of the Consulting Services and as described in this Policy Statement. Primarily, we share, disclose, and transfer Personal Information to:
- Our service providers engaged in fulfilling the Consulting Services.
- Third parties to comply with law, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law, or comply with legal process served on us, and to protect and defend our rights or property, including our rights and property on the Services, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of you and our other visitors.
- Third parties as part of a corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
How We May Use, Share, Disclose, Transfer And Store Your Non-Personal Information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
HRCatalyst may process your Personal Information because:
- We need to contact you or provide a Consulting Service involving you.
- You have given us permission to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests, and it's not overridden by your rights; or
- To comply with the law.
Retention of Data
HRCatalyst will also retain non-personal data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Website Services or from the Website Services infrastructure itself (collectively, "Usage Data") for internal analysis purposes, for example, SEO analysis or usage trends. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of the Website Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
The means, processes, policies, or other reasonable measures employed by HRCatalyst for the secure retention, management, and sharing of Personal Information obtained through Consulting Services are detailed in the "HRCatalyst Information Security and Business Continuity Program."
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers and/or servers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside of the United States of America and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Information, to the United States of America and process it there.
The means, processes, policies, or other reasonable measures employed by HRCatalyst for the secure transfer Personal Information are detailed in the "HRCatalyst Information Security and Business Continuity Program."
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, HRCatalyst may be required to disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency). Unless restricted by law or other such authority, HRCatalyst will inform a Customer or you of any such required disclosure.
HRCatalyst may disclose your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of HRCatalyst;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our Website Services or Consulting Services;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Website Services or participants in the Consulting Services or the public; or
- To protect against legal liability.
Security of Data
The security of your data is of principal importance to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The means, processes, policies, and other reasonable measures employed by HRCatalyst to secure Personal Information are detailed in the "HRCatalyst Information Security and Business Continuity Program."
"Do Not Track" Signals Under California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"); however, HRCatalyst does not knowingly track Consumer data in any manner or by any means pertinent to the CalOPPA. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your mobile device and/or web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Pertaining to Website Services
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. HRCatalyst aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information gathered from Website Services.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you from Website Services and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us here.
You have the following data protection rights pertaining to Website Services. Please contact us here with any inquiry about exercising these rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where HRCatalyst relied on your consent to process your Personal Information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information through the Website Services. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third-party companies, individuals, and/or websites to facilitate or assist in with the Consulting Services on our behalf, to perform Consulting Services processes, or to assist us in analyzing how the Consulting Services are used ("Third-Parties").
Third-Parties may have access to your Personal Information only to perform the tasks related to and in scope with our Consulting Services on our behalf and are obligated to not disclose or use Personal Information for any other purpose. We always encourage Customers and/or Identified Employees to review and understand the privacy policies of any Third-Party.
Protection of Information
No data transmissions over the Internet are completely secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or others over the Internet. You transmit such information at your own risk.
Once we receive your transmission, we will make reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. We employ industry standard measures and processes to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of security systems or processes.
If we learn of a breach of our security system or processes, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Website Services or Consulting Services, or providing Personal Information to us through them, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Website Services or Consulting Services. In the event of a breach, we may post a notice through the Website Services or Consulting Services or send you an email or text at the email address and/or mobile phone number provided by you.
Measures we employ to reasonably protect Personal Information when that Personal Information is transmitted or stored are detailed in the "HRCatalyst Information Security and Business Continuity Program."
YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS TO RECEIVE WRITTEN NOTICE OF SECURITY BREACHES UNDER THE APPLICABLE LAW OF YOUR JURISDICTION.
You consent to our assignment of the information we have about you, including Personal Information, in the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, including all or substantially all of the Website Services or Consulting Services or our top-level-domain, or in the event of a merger for the same.
California Residents - Your Privacy Rights Pertaining to Website Services
A California resident who has provided Personal Information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes ("California User") is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of Personal Information, upon receipt of a request by a California user, the business is required to provide a list of all third-parties to whom Personal Information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of Personal Information that were disclosed.
You should always review the privacy policies and practices of any party that collects your information to determine how that entity will handle your information.
California Users may request further information about our compliance with this law by contacting us here. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the point of contact linked above.
Supplemental Notice to Residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia Pertaining to Website Services
Residents in California, Virginia, Colorado, or Connecticut ("User") have some or all of the following rights under the laws of those states:
- The right to request information about Personal Information that we have collected about that User - including the types and source of information collected, the business purpose of that collection, the categories of third parties with whom that information is shared, and the specific Personal Information collected about that User;
- The right to receive requested information in a readily usable format if provided electronically;
- The right to request that we delete any Personal Information that we have collected about the User (although we may be entitled to retain some information for certain purposes); you may exercise this right by contacting us here;
- The right to update or correct any Personal Information which is out of date or incorrect; and
- The right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your privacy rights.
You may inquire about exercising the rights under this Supplemental Notice by contacting us here.
Supplemental Notice to Residents of Nevada Pertaining to Website Services
Nevada law gives Nevada residents the right to request that a company not sell their Personal Information for monetary consideration to certain other parties. This right applies even if their Personal Information is not currently being sold. If you are a resident in Nevada, you may inquire about exercising this right by contacting us here.